Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fig Syrup

Whilst flying by the seat of my pantz in the Fig & Pistachio Dolmade challenge, I decided that I needed to make a syrup or something similar to accompany it with (to be honest, my motives were more along the line of having an extra insurance policy to counter the saltiness of the grape vine leaves...)

Anyway... I started by adding sugar and water - then I remembered that I had frozen some fresh figs last week, so out they came and in they went.

Sugar, Water and Figs
I then decided to add some honey and a smidgen of lemon juice to balance the flavours (or so I was hoping).  Once I was happy with the flavour, I poured the syrup through a sieve.


Pushing it through the sieve
And now for the Piece de résistance...

Fig Syrup
Now, this syrup can be drizzled over almost anything - as I say, I made it with the Fig & Pistachio Dolmades in mind, however I have to say that I also used it the other morning when I made crepes for breakfast ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment